I don't identify entirely with conservative values, but I do lean that way in
general.  My attitude isn't "i've got mine, so screw you".  What i've noticed
is that the REASON i've got mine is because I show up for work on time and get
the job done.  Most friends and family members I know who have more 'liberal'
attitudes have the following traits that i've noticed over the years:

1.  They don't show up for work on time, and anyone who gets angry at them for
being late is an ignorant, unenlightened slavedriver.

2.  They hide somewhere when others are getting things done, and they have no
feelings of guilt if others are working harder to make up for their lack of
effort.

3.  They always have personal problems that require them to take time off.  And
I don't mean heart surgery, CAT scans, or something truly critical.  There's
just always a lame excuse why they can't contribute.

4.  They have extremely negative attitudes towards supervisors and employers.
Instead of hanging in there and getting the job done when things are messed up,
they spend most of their time sitting around and complaining that things are
messed up because of their 'evil' employer, or their 'unenlightened' boss.
Meanwhile some ignorant conservative idiot is sweating his ass off getting
things done.

Although the above points are my observation over the last 20 years of working
for a living, I will allow the possibility that perhaps all my friends and
family members are just simply a weak group of individuals.  In reality, for
all I know, most liberals may have a really hard core intense work-ethic beyond
anything i've ever been exposed to.

Also, don't get me wrong.  I see a lot of strict, rigid and close-minded
thinking on the part of conservatives in this country.  But for some reason,
liberals think the world would be perfect if everyone were like them, even
though that would leave nobody left who's willing to do all the work.

seekliberation