I don't know Shemp.  I think you need to have some baseline of
normality.  Otherwise anything goes.  And you can justify  anything  in
the name of breaking boundries.  But just as you say, the first breaking
of boundries, was, is and probably forever will be the best, which is
meditation of some sort. But, I have to say that taking a vacation, or
even the weekend goes along way for me.

During my Advanced Lecture days I would probably tell someone who said
this, "yes, but when taking a vacation, we come back more tired than
when we left".   No more.  Vacations are awesome.  But I think I could
also benefit from the transcending process.

I have gotten away from this.

> Whenever crazy stuff used to happen while I was active in the Movement
-- stuff that didn't make sense but that came down from on high (ie, it
was an instruction from Maharishi) -- the rationale was: oh, that's
Maharishi breaking your boundaries. We are being uprooted from this
hotel in Murren in the middle of the night to go to this other hotel 200
miles away because that's Maharishi's way of releasing our stress and
karma and not to be "attached".

> In other words, Maharishi, the all-knowing guru, does stuff that, on
the surface, seems irrational to us mere mortals but that, on the level
of tthishe cosmic reality, is done with the intent of speeding up our
evolution and only an enlightened person is capable of doing those
things.

> Well, if we accept the "breaking-the-boundaries" premise as a real,
genuine tool that a spiritual movement or teacher can utilize with their
students, then we must also accept that pulling the rug out from
underneath everyone in the Movement that thought that Da King was safely
ensconced in DewDrop in celebatory and unmasturbatory bliss and was,
instead, living the good life in Chateau Michelin on some toney street
in the banlieus of Paris can ALSO be a "breaking-the-boundaries"
teaching moment.

> All done for our benefit by the enlightened teachers of the TMO.
>
> In other words: revealing that Tony is married and all that is simply
showing the suckers, vampires, and sycophants of the TMO that they were
off the program believing there was anything other than the original
instructions given to them when they first learned TM. And those
instructions were: do the TM technique twice a day for 15-20 minutes and
then go live your life according to your own tradition, common sense,
and desires and stay away from gurus.

> Indeed, TBers' thinking that some sort of short-cut existed to get to
enlightenment was off-the-program and this whole Tony episode is the
nudge they need to drop all this other crap, leave the illusory confines
of the TM cult, and get back to the real world where they can do TM
twice a day and live like normal people. AND THAT THIS IS THE FASTEST
AND MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO GET TO ENLIGHTENEMENT...JUST AS MAHARISHI SAID
IN THE FIRST 5 MINUTES OF THE FIRST STEP (THE INTRO LECTURE) WHEN THEY
LEARNED TM.

> > And then to
> > see the leader, who is supposed to embody these ideals living a
> > completely different lifestyle, well, I think it could rub the wrong
> > way. But, really, I don't care. I feel a little sad because I think
> > this could burst some bubbles. But maybe I am just being a sap.
> > >
> > > Has anyone been that invested in Da King's personae to such a
degree
> > that they could have been crushed by this rather silly
revelation...a
> > revelation I might add that makes him sound pretty friggin' normal a
la
> > "this is not a religion or a philosophy and you don't have to change
> > your lifestyle" kinda normal. Yea, but isn't he supposed to be the
most
> > un-normal, of all the un-normals. There's not much that is normal in
> > this movement anymore. At one point, early on, I think that was
> > something to be proud of. I'm not so sure anymore.
> > >
> > > More interesting to me is the fact that he chose Paris and not,
say,
> > London. Being from Quebec I know many Lebanese who gravitated there
in
> > disproportionate numbers than to other cities in North America
simply
> > because of the French language. So I understand it from that point
of
> > view but I also associate Paris with decadence and shopping on the
Rue