Turq:
> But around Rama, things were FUN from time
> to time. I mean, we'd go out on "movie dates"
> together. The name of the movie and its showing
> time or the actual theater were never announced...

You probably meant 'announced to you'.

Apparently having 'fun' with Fred Lenz was very
expensive, costing students thousands of dollars
every month in tuition fees.

If you paid enough, you got invited to observe
Lenz watching a movie or see him stare out into
space out in the desert, stoned.

But without paying big time, no student ever got
invited over to Fred's house for pizza!

According to Turq, he gave thousands of dollars
to the Maharishi and then he gave thousands of
more dollars to Rama. Go figure.

"Generally, this was to be paid in US $100 bills
- higher vibratory energy, ex-members say. Gifts
and costly special excursions are extra: In
practice, members give Lenz almost all their
money, according to published reports and
ex-followers.

They squeeze into shared, unfurnished apartments
while he flies in a Lear jet between houses in
Long Island, Santa Fe, and Los Angeles..."

Read more:

'The Code Cult of the CPU Guru'
By Zachary Margulis
Wired, Rants & Raves, Issue 2.04, 1993