> Nobody expressed surprise that it wasn't a "hit
> piece"?
>
> You sure?
>
> Want to give that a little more thought, Curtis?
> Maybe review the post I was responding to, see
> if you might have missed something?

Barry:

"Didn't see the video, don't know if I will. Just not
my interest these days. But it does surprise me that
Curtis felt that Dateline -- of all shows -- was going
"soft" on Amma. They used to be *famous* as purveyors
of "hit piece journalism." Setting up a public figure
to think they were going to do a positive story on
them, and then hitting them on-camera with the whammy."

He is talking about DATELINE and characterizing their style as hit piece
journalism, because I had mistakenly misnamed the show.  So clearly his
expectation revolves around the style of the show DATELINE rather than that
there should be one done on Amma on NIGHTLINE.  And neither Joe nor I mention
it in our discussion about the need for more critical thinking in news programs.

And now back to your chastisement:

Judy:
> Maybe if some big Amma scandal is uncovered, Dateline
> (or 60 Minutes or 20/20) will get around to doing a
> "hit piece," but to expect one from Nightline is
> kinda silly.

So who is expecting NIGHTLINE to do a "hit piece" Judy.

Not me.

Not Joe.

Not Barry.

Want to give that a little more thought, Judy?
Maybe review the post you were responding to, see
if you might have missed something?