--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand" <premanandp...@...> wrote:

> Is it not possible for you to mix and match the strengths of the various
> techniques, e.g. take it easy whilst using willpower, letting go of
> discursive thought gradually, gently?

They are two distinct different approaches, they not the same, not at all. One,
Concentration or Hong Sau uses effort and control, as you progress your
concentration becomes more intense, the objective of raising the prana up
through the spine to the Ajna Chakra, is accomplished, it takes years and years
to accomplish this.

TM indirectly controls the body by influencing the mind and brings about what
Swami Yogananda calls 'Conscious Sleep' but this is just the first state of
meditation, if you're interested further read his book entitled "The Science of
Religion" page 51 under "The Meditational Method" and "The Scientific Method or
Yoga", I think he describes TM very well in the meditational method.

Using Kriya Yoga one learns to consciously die......and return, as you may
already know.