--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_...@...> wrote:

> I'm hoping we have enough siddhas over here to hold off the
> next big earthquake that everyone is expecting.

Sometimes I wonder whether TM-Sidhi True Believers
have *lost* brain cells as a result of all that
thumping around. Here John presents the ultimate
non-falsifiable, self-aggrandizing pseudo-prediction.
If there is an earthquake, it's because there weren't
enough butt-bouncers. But if there is not an earthquake,
TM butt-bouncers like himself get to claim that they
"prevented" it or "held it off."

I would think that if there were thousands of butt
bouncers doing their "programs" at the same time
every day in the Bay Area, all that thudding of
fat, out-of-shape butts on foam could actually
*cause* an earthquake. I mean, if they're as full
of shit as they appear to be, each of them is
lifting several tons off the foam with each bounce,
and then allowing it to plop back to earth with a
resounding thud. Those thuds -- all "coherent" and
happening in synchrony, of course -- could create
a ground wave in the earth's crust that would
shatter one of the faults. So I think that if there
*is* a big earthquake in the Bay Area, we should
hold John and his fellow butt bouncers *responsible*
for it, and stick them with the bill for cleanup.

Extrapolating from John's logic, can't you just
imagine the bottom line of one of his Jyotish
readings? "This is what the stars predict for you;
if these things happen, it proves the validity of
Jyotish. If they *don't* happen, that proves the
*value* of Jyotish, because by knowing about the
possibility of these things happening, we 'avoided
the pain that is to come' and prevented them from
happening. That'll be $250, please."

Win-win. Bullshit-bullshit.