--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "It's just a ride"
<bill.hicks.all.a.r...@...> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 2:50 PM, do.rflex do.rf...@... wrote:
>

> > Americans living out of country, including myself, can and do vote,
> > birdbrain.
> >

> I assume you keep a US residence, since voter registration is by
state,
> which breaks down into precinct.
>
> I know of many permanent residents who've refused to become US
citizens
> because that would forever subject them to paying US income taxes no
matter
> where they live on the globe.

Hey, that's a good point. Maybe I should just keep my permanent
residence and not bother to get citizenship? Although, I think it is
pretty easy for a naturalised citizen to give up their citizenship.
Presumably if someone wants to remain American even if they live abroad,
they do so because they like it, therefore won't complain about paying
taxes --- and getting SS benifits etc., later ??

How does Turq do it? He doesn't pay taxes in the US otherwise they would
find out where he is.

OffWorld