--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > http://bigthink.com/ideas/18172
> >
> > at about 00:58
>
> I have it more now then when I was in India.  Although I experienced baby's
> as begging props and the visceral horror of lepers thrusting their finger
> nubs at me while in open tri-wheel cabs, I had bought into the Hindu idea
> that this situation WAS fair when I was in India.
>
> It is his rejection of that cruel ideology that makes his thinking so
> attractive to me.  He is saying something that is the opposite view of the
> karmic belief system, "it's not fair!"  They didn't earn this suffering by
> their bad deeds in a past life, they just drew the short straw in life by
> chance. And we can act to change this unfairness.
>
> I think it is fascinating that you are promoting a guy who explicitly states
> that he does not belief in God and whose views are so much more inline with
> Gandhi than Guru Dev.  High five for that Nabby.

...perhaps more in line with Gandhi than Guru Dev, but not Maharishi who in his
later years, like Gandhi, had a visceral reaction to democracy and
globalisation.  Recall that Gandhi sentenced several generations of Indians to
dire poverty by his protectionist policies...that's what that whole silly
spinning of cotton crap that he was engaged in was meant to do AND be symbolic
of: "we grow the cotton in India and we ship it off to England to be
manufactured!  Well, we must do the whole vertical manufacturing here in India!
Grow, spin, manufacture, make into clothing", said the insane economist Gandhi.
And 10s of millions of Ambassador cars later that never worked properly and the
rest of the economy that were crippled by this policy and, finally, India is
getting out of the grip of that madness.

Raj Patel wants India to go back to that and so did Maharishi from what I could
tell.