--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mainstream20016" <mainstream20...@...>
wrote:

> Shemp,
>                 So you advocate lowering income tax rates.   At what rate of
> income is tax revenue maximized ?   Please don't insult our intelligence by
> suggesting 0%.
>
> -Mainstream

Let me answer that question in two ways:

1) My ideal federal income tax system would be a flat tax system: 17% flat tax
rate and no payroll tax.

2)  If our starting point was the current 6 tax brackets (10%, 15%, 25%, 28%,
33%, 35%) I would raise the 10 and 15 brackets to 17% and lower the 25, 28, 33,
and 35 brackets to 17%.  And, of course, no payroll tax.

...and not to insult your intelligence but there is actually an answer that is
"0%" and that is what they call the "Fair Tax" which as I understand it says no
income tax, no payroll tax, and no corporate tax but a consumption tax on all
goods and services.  Not sure whether I advocate that yet.  And I forget off
hand what the rate would be.

In addition to its income tax, Canada has a goods and services tax somewhat
like the above.