Please Curtis, challenge away, in fact speaking for Judaism, if you don't
challenge, it's a sign that you aren't trying hard enough. Btw, the bacon and
BLT thing, first you need to do a little research yourself young man and you
will know why that statement is well, silly and not even decent mockery. Dig a
little deeper to know why the laws of Kashrut would even apply today. Why would
a God who expects man to be good, decent, ethical, in a word a Mensch even
forbid us from eating everything moving or not moving? Did you know that their
is a universal commandment not to eat flesh taken from an animal while it is
still alive? That was common back in the day, what a stupid silly God to even
suggest we practice any kind of restraint?

Yes I'm aware of the some of the horrendous practices done in the name of
Kosher butchering in Iowa, again you find human failings, but still we have
standards. They should throw the book at them, I won't defend them.

The Laws of Kashrut (mixing meat and dairy, shellfish restrictions, eat fish
with scales only, not bottom feeders, boil a kid in it's mothers milk, etc)
only applies to Jews anyway, there is a reason why the word Israel means to
struggle.

So you like bacon on your blt, go for it, God won't be pissed, just don't
slaughter the pig while it's alive!

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>