--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > snip
> > >
> > > I am talking about his unsubstantiated gossip about
> > > Maharishi having
> > > sex with disciples.
> >
> > But Off, it's not unsubstantiated. That's the whole
> > point. These are reliable people who report this.
>
> Nonsense. They are unnamed. Anonymous.
> The ones who ARE reliable, have CLEARLY indicated it was a scam. The
> woman with the Beatles (Mia Farrow?) indicated it by saying that the
> guy (forget his name) that was hatefully jealous of anyone else
> getting John Lennon's attention , arrived in Rishikesh later, and
> then, all hell broke loose, because of all sorts of schemes he
> cooked up. It was really obvious in her writing. George Harrison
> when asked about that time, said that there was a lot of ignorance
> around there and clearly indicated it didn't come from Maharishi.
> The thing is really clear. The guy (forget his name) was intent on
> causing malicious rumor and scandel because he hated anyone who got
> John lennon's attention. Mia Farrow wrote this.
> The other claim is from friends of friends anonymous people, and
> therefore have no credibility.
> Please respond to this Peter, so that I know you heard it, and we
> don't have to go over this yet again in the future.
> OffWorld

Personally, I am only amazed by how uptight some people
get about gurus having sex, period.  On one side, the aversion
seems to be as pronounced as it was in the people who invented
the idea of the virgin birth for Jesus.  "He was our Savior...he
could *never* have touched a pussy, even to come out of one."

On the other side, those who seem to firmly believe that the
guy (in this case, MMY) is human, but who deny him the right
to fuck up (literally) occasionally and feel the oh-so-human need
for sex.  So if he did it, he's by definition out of line.

Me, I don't give a shit.  If I don't consider gurus or even the
enlightened any more important or more authoritative than
myself (and I don't), I think I can cut them the same amount
of slack I cut myself.

Unc