--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> -- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >
> > http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/chopra-blames-own-meditation-for-baja-
> > quake/19426755?sms_ss=email
> >
> > Chopra Blames Own Meditation for Baja Quake
>
> This is part of his game.  He makes it seem as if he is
> mocking the idea that his meditation could cause a quake
> to attempt rapport with people who don't share his
> actual belief that in fact his meditation does effect

("affect")

> the environment.  It is a way to mask the hubris of his
> true beliefs.  He almost sounds like he has some common
> sense about the limits of his personal power.

Actually, I think he was mocking people like you, Curtis,
right down to your propensity to make something sinister
out of a self-deprecating gag.

If he says he believes he can cause an earthquake by
meditating, that's hubris.

If he says he *doesn't* believe he can cause an earthquake
by meditating--why, that's hubris too!

And how *dare* he have a sense of humor about himself?
That's the *ultimate* in hubris.