--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <wayback71@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > It's not,
> > >
> > > and Judith's book rings true,
> > >
> > > Who cares ?
> > >
> > >  it may take a  toll on the TMO as people get really upset or at least
> > > filled with doubts.
> > >
> > > They won't and why should they ?
> > > Only small fish, and non-meditators like I understand you are get upset
> > > by small things.
> > >
> > Nabby,
> > 1. I am a long-time meditator, a teacher of TM in fact
>
> I Did'nt know that.
>
> > 2. I have suspected for many many many years that the stuff purportedly in
> > Judith's book is true - even way before the topic was brought up here on FFL
>
> And ? What's your point ?
>
> > 3.  Yet I still think TM is powerful and do it and am eternally grateful to
> > Maharishi for so much
>
> Nice. He saved this this planet from self-destruction ofcourse.
>
> > 4.  So, it has been a struggle to integrate, or maybe not at times, the
> > conflicting viewpoints
>
> Where is the conflict ? Some people enjoy each others company mentally,
> physically or both, nothing wrong with that.
>
> > 5.  The big question remains:  who really is the true believer, the
> > devotee,  in all this - the person who denies things they don't want to
> > know or refuses to consider anything "negative"?
>
> Why is sex negative ?
>
>   or the person who tries to deal with the information they find difficult to
> accept?
>
>  I don't have the answer to this, but I do wonder just how true believers
> will respond to some info that is not so "light."
>
> I still don't understand your problem.

It's not really a problem that I have - at least not anymore. Now I get it -
MMY seemed to be a monk but was not able to be a celibate monk.  When I first
heard of the affairs in the 70's, I actually got dizzy and sick to my stomach -
kind of the way a person would if they heard that their revered and trusted and
beloved father actually had another family than yours somewhere and had had
another secret life with another wife and children for some years.That's what
it felt like.  It is not the sex that is wrong, or having children that is
wrong or having a family that is wrong. It is the sense of being lied to, even
if only by omission of information. But MMY was living one monkish life on the
outside (could only wear silk, had to sit on a deerskin, could not touch anyone
for fear of energy contamination), and apparently not that life in private. He
was not what most of us thought he was - a celibate monk.  He said he was a
monk and we all assumed celibate went with that.

So, it takes some time to adjust to this kind of information when you first
hear of it.  It can leave a lingering sense of cynicism about things spiritual,
which is a shame.  We were young, naive, devoted, and new to this whole world
of eastern gurus.   For those soon to be hearing about this for the first time
from Judith's book, things could be really rocky for a while. That is my point.

Hopefully, being adults with lots of life experience by now will ease the blow.