> Did you ever wonder whether it might have been all
> that meditation time that now enables you to be in
> this state?

Sure.  I'll bet my years of meditation had an effect on how my mind works
today.  But I have to give good neuro-transmitter genetics, fitness level,hours
of performance and growing older the biggest credit for my current state of
mind today. Those are the variables that changed years after I stopped
meditating. And I am in a much better place mentally and physically than I was
in 1989 when I stopped meditating.  So to give meditation more than a passing
mention at this point of my life, I would have to still buy into Maharishi's
whole model of consciousness development.