I watched the first hour of "What's Your Rashee?" last night on Netflix
Watch Instantly.  This is a 3 hour plus comedy about a young Indian guy
who parents call him back from the US to get married because if he does
he will get a windfall from his grandfather.  This is all predicted in
the beginning of the film by an astrologer.  So the young guy finds a
book on astrology and decides to meet a woman from each sign.  It's a
goofy film but India has always had fine comedic actors and they carry
the film.

Would Hollywood jump on is for a remake?  I couldn't imagine the story
working at all in the US.  The notion of the plot would seem ridiculous
to US audiences as it does to Indians too but they get a kick out of it
whereas US audiences would feel insulted.  For the jyotishis it's mostly
sun sign astrology and the "women" don't match up that well to the
characteristics of the sign.   The producers of the film have a
disclaimer at the beginning that they don't embrace nor recommend
astrology and claim no knowledge in it (though the "astrologer" is using
an Eastern style chart in his software program).   This in spite the
fact that the Indian government just recently declared astrology a science.