Trading on food futures should be HIGHLY regulated. If there is ANY
reason to rebel and riot against the rich it would be if food which
right now is plentiful in this world is withheld by the selfish
interests of the very rich. We are already seeing unreasonable price
hikes on some food items which make no sense and often blamed on fuel
prices which are actually down. When are we going to get over the idea
that the world is for the very rich and their whims and instead demand
the world for and by the people!

nablusoss1008 wrote:
> Another Food Price Crisis On the WayBy Raj
> <http://rajpatel.org/author/raj/>  on 05/12/2010 in Uncategorized
> <http://rajpatel.org/category/uncategorized/>
> In these two videos Jayati Ghosh, whom I interviewed for Stuffed and
> Starved and whose mind is filled with whip-smart insight, offers a short
> primer on why financial market speculation drove up the price of food in
> 2008, and why it's likely to again. Very simply, there is once again
> money with which traders can gamble – courtesy of the bailouts –
> and while people are tired of bailing out banks, governments can't
> credibly say that they won't intervene in food markets. So
> there's tremendous moral hazard
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_hazard> . Traders know that when it
> comes to futures in food, they can't lose. A different story,
> obviously, from the 1 billion who are already hungry. They're losing
> every day. The majority of them: women and girls. Watch Jayati's
> videos below, or read the transcript, courtesy of the good people at The
> Real News Network
> <http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&\
> Itemid=74&jumival=553> . [Updated with functioning video links)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: