tartbrain wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_re...@...> wrote:
>

>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiZtPTLuPtw
>>>

>> Indeed.
>>
>> The final collaps of capitalism has begun.
>> Please remember that this is a good thing for ordinary people and a bad
>> thing only for those who live on the fruit of other peoples sweat and toil.
>>
>> This is the long awaited new beginning, a dream come true, happening right
>> in front of our eyes, and the main reason Maharishi incarnated on this
>> planet; to make this transformation possible and to make it as smooth as
>> possible.
>>
>> Do not be afraid, this is a very good thing, the outcome is marvelous ! And
>> Maitrey is now in the world to help and guide during this huge
>> transformation.
>>

> I find this such an odd view.
>
> These days, there are currently so many false artifacts, barnacles and sludge
> attached to actual capitalism I understand how some mistake these artifacts
> for the ship itself.  And many mistake imperialism with capitalism and
> miscast appropriate seething remarks about imperialism on to capitalism. Its
> such an amusing muddle that many express.
>
> But the call for or joyous dancing about the "fall of capitalism" is a call
> to the end of the most potent transformation engine to rid the planet of
> poverty that has existed to this point in time. A call for the end of
> capitalism is a call to keep people shackled in poverty, to keep people
> subserviant, to keep people shackled, to keep people "workin' on Maggie's
> Farm".
>
> Perhaps it makes sense. The TMO at its core (not the daily practice of TM) is
> essentially, or at its worst at least, a totalitarian regime -- where the
> peasants (all but a few "nobility") dictated to as to how they could live
> their lives in excrutiating detail. Massive, intrusive micro-managing, total
> control, no dissent.  So I do get it, the call to end actual capitalism (not
> the ugly artifacts clinging to it) is a call to keep people impoverished, in
> their place, and totally controllable. A totalitarian's wet dream.
>
> I just wish the advocates of such would be more honest in their intentions.

I would say that the human race has shown it is not mature enough to
handle capitalism.  But I don't think Nabby nor I are speaking about the
corner store businessman.  We're speaking about the assholes that run
major corporations with only an eye for profits while stomping on the
earth's environment and on a whim putting people INTO poverty.

There's no need for any totalitarianism to solve the problem.  You just
limit how big a corporation can be, how long it can exist.  You also
don't allow people to build massive concentrated wealth.  It is
inexcusable to have 1% of the population own 95% of the wealth.  They
start behaving arrogantly and thing God deemed them to be our rulers.
Fuck that.