---I agree with you: seems like you have to push the personal
envelope, and get out of the ego to experience Unity...
Another way to think of it, is that we all have to find our
own "Christ Consciousness" or "Maharishi Consciousness" or "Buddah
Consciousness" and so on...in order to complete our dharma on earth,
and that is to become Self-Realized;
There's just no pussy-footing around...when it comes to this...