I've never had an ayurvedic practitioner discourage allopathic methods
when they were necessary.  Maybe that's because the one I had here in
the Bay Area was an MD and liked to draw the line between what things
ayurveda was useful for and when allopathic methods would be more
useful.  If you break your leg you want to go see an allopathic
physician (unless your ayurvedic practitioner is an MD who can treat
such injuries).   Even Dr. Lad's books have recommedations as to "when
to see a doctor."  Ayurveda is useful for prevention and and host of
ailments that allopathic is not often that good at treating.  It is
particularly good for rebalancing the system which of course aids in
preventing disease and might be useful too along with some allopathic
treatments.

That said, I my MD practitioner, though he took the MAPI course for
doctors also took Dr. Lad's course so he wasn't purely practicing
Maharishi Ayurveda.