From: TurquoiseB <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Weird and charming stuff from cyberspace
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 3:22 AM

> Edg will love this. Facebook is trying to fix me up.
>
> Today in the pane that lists your "Suggested Friends"
> in its main News Feed window, my #1 "Suggested Friend"
> was Traci Lords, former porn star turned mainstream
> actress (sort of).
>
> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=705563104&ref=pymk
>
> My second "suggested Friend" was this babe:
>
> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100...000156387146&ref=pymk

Hmmmm. I obviously messed up the second link.
It should have been:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000156387146&ref=pymk

Attractive woman, actually. Japanese, which I
have a profound weakness for. Traci Lords seems
to be married, and she's not exactly my type,
but a Japanese pole dancer? Whatever weird AI
runs the "Suggested Friends" thang on Facebook,
at least it's doing better than it did with the
plethora of Indian women it was trying to fix
me up with a few days ago.

Since I seem to be pissing my last posts of the week
away on cybertrivia (which you have to admit is
better than what some people piss them away on),
here are a few other things that have caught my
eye recently.

First, a "separated at birth" set of photos comparing
Pope Benedict to the Dark Sith Lord Emperor:

Second, and continuing the "poke the prudes" theme, a little
advice on homophobia from Gandalf:

And finally, a little compassionate advice on how to handle anger.
Not quite as "Buddhist" as portrayed, but effective. Especially if
the angry person is a tad...uh...overweight and used to slinging
their weight around.  :-)

:-)