--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Life may be astoundingly abundant out there.  Hawking is refusing to see
> > that life is a gimme -- built into the subtle laws of physics -- and if
> > this is so, then life isn't so damned insignificant as he's framing it.
> > He'd argue that even if life is automatic, we're in but one universe where
> > that is true -- a so-called Goldilocks universe that is "just right" for
> > life, but that there's an infinity of universes that might have no life
> > possible.  I'd say that decades in a cripple's chair is tilting his views
> > about God's ability to dance.
> >
> > Edg
> >

> We should remember that Hawking has a history of changing his views on a
> dime.  Who knows what he would say tomorrow when he gets up either on the
> right or left side of his bed.

Hawking doesn't change views on a dime, he's a scientist.
He proposes explanations and they stand for as long as the
evidence supports them. New evidence, new theories needed.
Perhaps you doubt his credentials because he is always quick
to admit when he's in error. No absolutes there.

Big difference between all that and religions which can't
change their POV without ceasing to be defined by the
revelations that started them in the first place. Not without
a lot of side-stepping and special pleading anyway.