Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Science will win what ?
Date: Monday, June 14, 2010, 8:30 AM

---  "anatol_zinc" <anatol_z...@...> wrote:

> Science will win what ?

Science will win the race to explain what the universe is and
where it came from.

No contest really as the competition from the worlds religions
amounts - to believe it or don't be a part of our religion. They
don't really offer any convincing supporting evidence. Not that
I've ever seen, quite the contrary in fact. Compare Genesis to
On The Origin Of Species, no contest.

> Quote from some previous post: "science will win because it
> works"
>
> What an absurd and meaningless thing to say. Doesn't everything
> work?

My new hard-drive recorder doesn't!

>Everything that happens works, but not necessarily for good.

That's the thing about science, it's a tool and therefore
has no moral sense of its own. It's us that decide whether
to use for good purposes or bad.

> Mindless entertainment works to keep people mindless; does that mean it wins?
>
> Let's see how science works:
>
> Nuclear bombs work, gas chambers, thousands of dangerous chemicals,
> nuclear plants work very well at producing dangerous radiation waste,
> suicidal processed foods, can dig oil wells so deep cannot control them,
> go to the moon (what the heck for), produce weapons for war, transplant
> organs for a few at a staggering cost while billions go hungry,….
>
> Obviously, I'm leaving out some of the good stuff, to make this
> point because it does appear that survival of human race is at risk.

I think going to the moon was one of the good things, what
happened to your sense of wonder and willingness to think
outside the box, break boundaries etc.

I actually think the moon shots were worth it just for the
photos they bought back. Man at his best.