--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "It's just a ride"
<bill.hicks.all.a.r...@...> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 5:50 PM, do.rflex <do.rf...@...> wrote:
>

> > Obama administration officials have decided to file a suit to block a
> > much-disputed Arizona law cracking down on illegal immigration, according to
> > several news reports.
> >

> So is our illegal alien Prez doing this because as Prez he has to do this or
> because he desperately needs the Hispanic vote he's so far alienated?

~Republicans Losing Hispanic Voters in Big Numbers~

Good news/bad news for GOP in NBC/MSNBC/Telemundo poll on immigrationÂ…

The poll shows that Latino voters are swinging widely for the Democrats, while
their support for the GOP is dropping like a rock.

Let's start with the good news: The Arizona anti-illegal immigration
law, passed by a GOP-led legislature and signed by a GOP governor, has
been a short-term political winner. The poll shows that 61% of the
public supports the law, and a Republican congressional candidate who
backs the law beats a Democratic candidate who opposes it, 40%-26%.

But here's the bad news: Latinos, once a semi-swing group of voters, now have
swung overwhelmingly for President Obama and the Democratic Party, and younger
Hispanics are moving to the Democrats in even greater numbers.

For example, 68% of Latinos approve of Obama's job (compared with 48% of
overall respondents and 38% of whites), and they view the Democratic Party
favorably by a 54%-21% score (versus 41%-40% among all adults and 34%-48% among
whites).

And their views of the Republican Party? In the poll, the GOP fav/unfav among
Latinos is 22%-44%. What's more, Latinos think Democrats would do a better job
than Republicans in protecting the interests of minorities (by 58%-11%), in
representing the opportunity to move up the economic ladder (46%-20%), in
dealing with immigration (37%-12%), and in promoting strong moral values
(33%-23%). The only advantage they gave Republicans was in enforcing security
along the border (31%-20%).

More here:
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/05/26/2328967.aspx