--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

> Thanks Judy. It's impressive how well-informed you've become
> on this topic.

Rick, I'm really just barely informed on the most minimal
basics. OTOH, it isn't that difficult for a layperson to
become as informed as I am.

All I've been doing is hanging out at TheOilDrum.com and
reading the discussions there among knowledgeable oil
industry folks. Or rather skimming them--because most of
the discussion goes way over my head, it's so technical.

Even just the material in the New York Times, and/or the
Times Picayune (of New Orleans--at nola.com) and some of
the excellent articles in the Wall Street Journal will
give you most of the basics, enough to recognize a tall
tale when you see one.

(You *aren't* likely to get a clear picture even on this
basic level from TV, though, either broadcast or cable.)