--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "It's just a ride"
<bill.hicks.all.a.r...@...> wrote:

> I could swear it looked like a piece of dust.  Nevermind.
> (This has been a true story)

Because I'm not a math whiz like some of you, I'm having difficulty
figuring out what the "tradeup" point is for me to consider a hybrid.
That is, the point at which I'd save money by moving to one of these
new-fangled automobiles.

My current car, which I bought used five years ago for  2000 Euros, had
an original combined urban/hwy rating of 45.6 mpg when new, and still
gets it. Using diesel fuel, which in Europe costs 30% less than
gasoline. The only maintenance it has required in those five years were
two new tires.

So what's the point at which I would save money by buying a hybrid?

:-)

The only hybrid I'd be interested in at this point is the new Porsche
918 Spyder -- 718 horsepower, zero to 62 mph in 3.2 seconds, and gets 78
mpg:

  [1]  <http://www.autoblog.com/photos/porsche-918-spyder-concept/>