Does anyone know why it takes so long for them to tally up the IA numbers?

Anybody?

It's because they have to make phone calls not just to other official
groups, but to homes, trailers, hovels on campus.

One of my friends on IA and I were discussing the numbers "problem".  He
asked why they don't just make a form to fill out on the Internet or have a
mechanized toll free number just as is set up for people to vote from home.
The numbers could jump to a higher level quickly because there are people
doing their TM/TMSP program at home in FF at about the same time as in the
Dome or could/would do their program at the same time as in the Dome.  It's
inconvenient for me to do morning program because they fly so very late.
But I do my evening program to coincide with the Domes and I'm only a day
and a half drive away.  Consciousness is everywhere except certain parts of
Oklahoma, Louisiana, South Carolina and Mississippi, after all.