--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "L B Shriver"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "L B Shriver"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"

> > keep

Center - a
> > for
> > where they
> > the
Teacher. So
> > many
> > disappointed
> > me -.
> > >
> > > ********
> > >
> > > In recent posts where I have asserted that the only real hope
for
> > the purity of the teaching
> > > lies outside the organization, this is exactly what I had in
mind.

> > > L B S
> >
> > I think you are right. We are a few Independent TM-Teachers in
> > Norway, and we are very much alert to "keep the purity in our
> > teaching", and more relaxed about money than the TMO. Other ex-
TM-
> > Teachers outside and inside the TMO, is looking over our
shoulders
> > all the time, ready to knock us down, if we do something they
think
> > are wrong. Another big difference is - we cannot lean on an
> > organisation - we have to be "self-supporting". We are the one
who
> > are responsible for what we are doing.
> > I have met the same among other Independent TM-Teachers in other
> > countries through the European Network. They are really serious
about
> > what they are doing.
> > Ingegerd
>
> @@@@@@@@
>
> From time to time the idea gets floated that independants should
form an alternate
> organization, focused only on maintaining teaching standards. That
is, it would be
> concerned only with the instructional aspects of TM teaching, a
resource for teachers to
> help them be confident that they are passing the technique along
in the manner they
> received it.
>
> Although this idea seems quite popular, it will clearly not
manifest until Maharishi has
> passed. No one wants to upset or offend him, even though many feel
he has made some
> critical mistakes in his "marketing plan".
>
> L B S

This may sound like a kooky idea but, hey, nothing would surprise me
in the least when it comes to the TMO:

May I suggest that the very first thing that TM teachers teaching
outside the movement should do who want to teach AND maintain the
purity of the TM teaching is to approach MMY, tell him what they are
doing, and ask his advice on what they can do to maintain the purity
of the teaching.

Remember that MMY himself said in a recent press conference that
(and I paraphrase) that there was still some value in learning TM
from people teaching it outside the movement.

You know, MMY loves to oversee all the little details of everything
and he loves to micro-manage organisations...perhaps he wouldn't be
able to pass up the opportunity to micro-manage an organisation that
Ex-TM Teachers sought to set up...