Correction.

The first line below ("Haven't seen it, and won't.")
was written hastily, and without having fully thought it
through. Rereading it as it appeared some minutes after
I clicked the Send button, I realized that it wasn't
even true. I've now got "The Last Airbender" downloading
in another window. I will SO watch this movie.

Rereading what I wrote, I found myself saying to myself,
"self, did you *really* not enjoy watching 'Sex and the
City 2' last night?"

And my self answered, "Actually, on one level I enjoyed
every moment of it. Although I find only two of the four
women attractive, it was fun watching them flit around in
skimpy designer blingware. It was fun seeing the American
assumptions as to what constitutes a Meaningful Life put
up on the big screen, and in such a big way. It was fun,
knowing the number of gay men I am close friends with
here in statistically-gayer-than-average Sitges, to see
how they were portrayed on that big screen, by script-
writers who have been in the past lauded for being "gay
friendly." But danged if -- while *loathing* the movie
and the new low bar it sets for Superficiality In Being
Human -- I (perversely) really kinda enjoyed watching it.

So yeah, I'm gonna watch "The Last Airbender," too.

After all, I have my own copy of the film most often cited
as The Worst Film Ever Made, "Plan 9 From Outer Space." I
have watched it several times, enjoying it thoroughly every
time. A film doesn't have to be good to be enjoyable. It's
all in what you bring to a film, not what it brings to you.

On another level entirely, I might propose the above rap
as an answer to yifuxero, who implied that not believing
that "life is suffering" is the result of having a good
life. Good life, schmood life. It's all in what you bring
to life, not what it brings to you.