> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wgm4u" <wgm4u@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG_dQC-cnk&feature=player_embedded
> > >
> > > This must be how the child, Mozart, played.  As wonderfully as
> > > she begins, her finish is powerful, and her composure and
> > > mastery of the intellectual feat of grasping the music is
> > > profoundly obvious.  Clearly, this cannot be taught -- she
> > > is born to it.
> >
> > Amazing....that is one old soul there, certainly a good argument
> > for Reincarnation.
>
> Not necessarily. Seeing this kid do what she does at
> her age could just as easily be a reminder that what
> the majority of us thinks of as "How long does it take
> to learn to play guitar well" is kinda retarded, and
> based on how long it would take *us* to learn.

More likely, it's a reminder of how the North Koreans
force their children to spend all their time working at
becoming proficient in some skill rather than letting
them just be children.

That said, the girl's musical sense--as opposed to her
technical skill--is, as Edg notes, not something that
can be taught; you either have it, or you don't. This
kid may or may not be virtuoso material in the artistic
sense, but she certainly has more musical aptitude than
the average kid, no matter how hard they study. I'd guess
her parents most likely wisely recognized this and set
her to studying guitar rather than acquiring an athletic
skill with a view to competing in the Olympics.

Hopefully she enjoys it enough that it makes up for the
normal childhood she's not getting to experience.