I don't know if it's still the same but Yahoo Groups wouldn't let me use
the same handle on the website as with email.  Also my web yahoo mail
account had to be changed to have the same handle.  If you are coming in
via computer email one time, the web site another then the smartphone
the next time you may have a different handle on each.  I was able to
set the email on my smartphone the same as my regular email.