--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Cliff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> And to be caught up in revulsion towards your own genitals
> is even stranger.  I find it very revealing that many in the TMO
> refer to "the genitals" as if they are something "out there", and
> the phrase is usually accompanied with body language of
> distinct distaste.  Sort of on the same level as talking about
> a particularly smelly bag of garbage...
>
> To revile an essential part of your body is remarkably foolsih,
> IMO, and unfortunately very widespread in the TMO.  So much
> revulsion over such a long period of time cannot be healthy.

Yoga-suutra II 40

shaucaat svaanga-jugupsaa parair asaMsargaH

Taimni's translation:

>From physical[that word seems like Taimni's addition]
purity (arises) disgust for one's
own body and disinclination to come in physical
contact with others.

Because the above Sanskrit sentence feels somehow
elliptic (I for one would expect at least the conjunct
'ca' at the end), it seems the sentence actually continues
in the next suutra:

sattva-shuddhi-saumanasyaikaagryendriyajayaatma-darshana-
yogyatvaani ca. [without sandhi: sattva-shuddhi;saumanasya;
ekaagrya; indriya-jaya; aatma-darshana-yogyatvaani ca]

Taimni:

>From mental purity[not in the original suutra] (arises)
purity of /sattva/, cheerful-mindedness, one-pointedness,
control of the senses and fitness for the vision of the Self.