--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_re...@...> wrote:

> I am not clear as to why M's role in history has any importance.
> Whether his teachings take you where you want to go is the only
> relevant issue, IMO.

Not the only issue when it comes to spiritual teachers.

How do you "know where you want to go?"

What if the "places you could go" are labeled A to Z and
you wound up with a famous teacher who knew about and
could help you get as far as 'G' but no further. It
seems to me that almost by definition a seeker in that
situation and who "commits" to this famous teacher is
never going to learn that H through Z even exist, much
less have a choice as to whether they "want to go there."

Now imagine a less famous teacher who is familiar with
and can both describe and "get you to" the full range of
experiences from A through Z. Wouldn't you theoretically
be better off with a totally "unknown" teacher like that
than you would be with a world-class teacher in the eyes
of world history who only knew about A through G?