> Just having fun with words on a lazy Saturday afternoon,
> Buck, I know this quote and I've always had a bit of a
> writer's nitpick with it. Below I repost Aldous Huxley's
> quote, but 1) removing your attempt to make it sound as
> if he was talking about TM, and 2) removing a single word,
> repeated twice, which I've never felt "belonged."
>
> Read my version of the quote below and tell me if you think
> anything is missing from it.
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" posted Aldous
> Huxley's definition of the "Perennial Philosophy":
> >
> > "The metaphysic that recognizes a Reality substantial to
> > the world of things and lives and minds; the psychology
> > that finds in the soul something similar to, or even
> > identified with, Reality; the ethic that places man's
> > final end in the knowledge of the immanent and transcendent
> > Ground of all being; the thing is immemorial and universal."
>
> The word I removed was 'divine,' used as a modifier for
> 'Reality.' I don't think Reality needs any such modifier.

Turq,
Yep I agree.  Thanks for putting words to that.
My reading eye had gauged and stuttered at the same thing
but passed over it figuring he was just dealing with
audience and bringing them along either
way, noticing the
'd' in the divine was not a capitalized.  Either way
the divine just thrown in there in these more modern, spiritual and secular
times
as you say needlessly burdens the larger paragraph
that is great description of experience and reality simply.
I appreciate your drawing it out.
Best Regards,
-Buck