--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutp...@...> wrote:

> We all deeply care about who MMY was for us.

In what way. He was a teacher, he was a mentor for some, a friend for some. Are
you seeing it more complicated than that?

> Love him, hate him or anything in between we've never experienced anybody
> like this.

Well, I have never experienced anyone like anyone. Its not a strong qualifier
for me.

> We deeply invested in MMY and by default the TMO. For me MMY will always be a
> profound paradox.

Why? Atman and karma (Prarabdah -- lesh avidya. the later is stronger and more
complex than in some.) What eles is there to know?

And, IMO, part of his approach to ripping away boundaries was to do just that
-- start a project, get every one totally dedicated, rip it away, etc. He had
no qualms about blowing peoples minds, literally -- though I do not see him as
actively being a "crazy saint".   He just didn't give a S how you or I saw. He
did what he did -- as his karma and tendencies unfolded. And much of that did
literally blow his followers minds -- to good effect -- and he was good with
that, IMO.

>I deeply love the guy and I'm also mildly pissed at him.

Why pissed? What did you not get from him. Just let it go.

> I wish, as many do, I had a more personal relationship with him.

My view, which I took from him, is he was Atman -- the smudges don't matter a
hoot. Why get hung up on, or waste time on them.

> I wish I knew the guy himself. But that was not to be. I wish he hadn't hide
> away in Holland for all those years. I wish we knew all about his various
> physical ailments. I wish there was more of a "human" element in his
> relationship towards us. I don't think that MMY really knew how much people
> wanted to love him; to know him. He had a lot of goodwill out there that just
> evaporated away as he isolated himself and the absurdity took over. Paper
> crowns, anyone?

I sense some genuine sense of loss and missed opportunities. I wish you the
best in healing those. But he gave you Atman. What else do you want? (What else
do you deserve is another questions, but that's all smudges within smudges.)