--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> > According to his teaching, that should correlate with an
> extraordinarily
> > high degree of moral development. There's the rub.

Well, it contradicts one part of his message -- if you mean "high moral
development" as something that can be codified.  If it can't be codified, then
your high level of moral development may be quite distinct from anothers.
Meditate and act.

Maharishi spoke in analogies -- like other spoke in parables perhaps. To me a
more likely interpretation is that ON THE ROAD to more refined reflections of
Consciousness, garbage that limits our views, makes us petty, makes us want to
take an not give, these things tend to go away. And thus ones actions flow from
a larger perspective on things, less petty and individual, kinder, more
empathic. But that is not Consciousness acting.

Some say milestones in the reflections of Consciousness occur when, not
because, satva increases substantively. Same idea. Better social  behavior
results when satva is stronger. But that has nothing to do with Atman.

And when or ones view is soaked in love, when each thing is loved, then actions
fit better with others. One does things that support others, that don't
diminish others. But that is not the reflections of Consciousness itself.

What if high moral code was simply one does things that support others, that
don't diminish others? We may have different views on this, but my view of
MMY's actions was that he was supportive of others, not diminishing of others.
YMMV.