From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of emptybill
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 11:44 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Suzanne Segal

Yes very much like Suzanne Seagal. It's there in Maharshi's discourse, but
it is more overt in Buddhist literature.

I found her story very interesting but also quite funny. Apparently some
people didn't listen when he was describing the transition from TC into CC
in terms of subjective experience. "Oh, I will be expanded into unbounded
consciousness" must have been her thought, and shows she definitely did not
listen and had no clue. The futility of looking for an I to keep for a
reference was highlighted by MMY a number of times.

She also had a very intense attachment to her Jewish identity, something I
found hilarious. The continual need to search out such an "identify" to make
sure it was still findable caused her lots of suffering, all of it self
induced.

>From Reb Yonnasan Gershom's book, Beyond the Ashes, I learned just how
crystallized a Jewish identity could be . circulating across many life times
just to keep itself intact.

Bullshit karma but at last she gave it up, realized the illusion and worked
to help other people.

Until she died of a brain tumor. I think part of her problem was that she
had been away from any spiritual teaching for several years before her
awakening, so maybe her understanding had gotten rusty. Also, as many say,
the actual experience turns out to be quite different from what we had
conceptualized it to be.