Fakir is cognate with faker for most Indians.
They don't have the reputation for actually being
al-FaqÄ«r ilá l-Lāh - those who seek for the knowledge of
God.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> > Who Jerry might have been in a past life...
> > I can't really say, at this time.
>

> Speaking of "past lives", I'm sure many have heard the story of the
Maharishi and his past life revealed by the (Sufic?) yogi at Rishikesh,
who goes into a samahdi or yoginidra state and resolves the answer as to
why he chose the specific spot for his Rishikesh ashram. The answer from
the fakir was that he had an ashram at that same location previously.

> The thousand dollar question is: who WAS the historical person at that
location previously? Certainly this could be ascertained, as obviously
local history would record who that person was.