--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, sgrayatlarge <no_re...@...> wrote:

> Is this the only passenger that has been subjected to this
> kind of treatment or have there been others? We wouldn't
> know because the The Hindu article didn't say. So is this
> an isolated incident? Perhaps some investigative journalism
> would help here.

Sounds like somebody's Zionist button got pushed. :-)

El Al is widely known in Europe as the worst airline
to fly in terms of treating its passengers badly. Many
travel agencies will actually advise you not to fly on
El Al if you have a skin color any darker than an Irish
summer tan, because the extra time you'll spend in sec-
urity checks can make you miss your flights. Passengers
flying El Al out of one airport in Spain were strip-
searched often enough (and without finding even a single
instance that justified the strip searches) that the
airport considered banning the airline entirely. The
company I work for no longer books flights on El Al
for its employees.

If it was a Saudi airline employee sticking a flashlight
up your ass, you wouldn't be making noises about how
one incident doesn't necessarily make the whole airline
bad. But when it's El Al, you want more "investigative
journalism."

The results of such investigations are long since in.
Israelis in security positions often seem to go out of
their way to be hated. And then people like you imply
that they're drawing fire only because they're Jews.
It's not because they're Jews. It's because they're
assholes.