http://www.ringlingbeatsanimals.com/

(Not for the truly sensitive)

Photos reveal that trainers cruelly wrestle baby elephants using ropes, sharp hooks, and electric shocks in order to force them to learn tricks.

PETA's circus page:

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-in-entertainment/circuses.aspx

On Jan 17, 2011, at 12:22 PM, RoryGoff wrote:

* * * Just as an anecdotal aside, by chance my wife and I were present at a circus in Florida about 20 years ago, and we were both struck by the strong, self-aware presence of the elephants. We had done some "animal-whispering" over the years, were concerned about the elephants' welfare, and "asked" them how they were faring.