On Feb 24, 2011, at 4:16 PM, WillyTex wrote:

> blusc0ut:
> > I should ask you, when you saw your mantra in
> > print, was it in Sanskrit devanagari or in english
> > transliteration? What would your reaction have
> >been if it was in Devanagari?
> >
> There's probably only one single person on this forum
> that could recognize their bija mantra if it was
> written in Sanskrit Devangiri.

Mantras aren't written properly unless they're written in a mantric variant of
Sanskrit. So actually their proper shape is not in Devanagari proper. When
they're written properly, they're almost symmetrical. Quite beautiful. In some
cases the mantra may be in other mantric alphabets, like Dzongkha, Ladakhi or
Sarada (etc.).