From: Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Happy DST USA!
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 3:23 PM

Except for Arizona and Hawaii residents.  Arizona because they voted
against it and Hawaii because in the tropics the sun rise and set at
widely varying times throughout the year so it is rather superfluous
(India for the same reason doesn't observe it).  I live
 pretty much by
light time or standard time.  It flummoxes people who want to go to
lunch at noon during the summer because I feel more like going to lunch
at 1 PM.   Anyhoo, the local Bay Area comic who has the morning show on
KGO radio on Sundays raised the question if we still want DST or not.
Actually in the Internet age we need to move to one time zone: GMT (or
UTC) and keep it year round.  But try to explain THAT to the
sleepwalkers around you.  BTW, that was one thing Scientology (or L Ron)
got right: most of the public is sleepwalking (or ign'ant as we used to
say in TM).