Sorry if this is old hat to you people but I just discovered Micrsoft
Virtual Desktop manaager which is a great little utility program you
can download here:

It allows you to have As If four separate desktops open, with a
different program open in each, and then to easily navigate between
the four windows and which I find to be much more comvenient than
going back and forth between minimizing/maximizing programs to get to
the others. Short of having multiple monitors, which I hope to set up
in the next couple of weeks, this is a great alternative if you work a
lot on the computer and you have several programs open at once.

KH