emptybill:
> It's true Willy Â… you have no free will.

We are either free or we are bound. If free,
then why did the Buddha spend five years
striving to be free? If we are bound, by what
means can we free ourselves?

> You're just so right ... you are just the
> effect of past causes. Whatever happens just
> happensÂ… there is no owner.

No events "just happen" - everything happens
for a reason, due to cause and effect.

> There is nothing that makes you what you are.

We are the result of karma, actions, which in
every single case is due to Causation - there
are no chance events.

What we experience is order, not chaos. Due to
ignorance some events just seem to happen -
fate - but intelligence tells us that everything
is subject to cause and effect - natural law.

> Dzogchen Samantabhadra Buddha (not the
> Mahayana bodhisattva) in only taught in
> Dzogchen. He is the stand-in for rigpa or
> originary knowingness. He has free will to
> determine his manifestations.

In fact, Samantabhadra is a fiction, made up
by Vajrayana practitioners to symbolize unity,
as in the Tibetan yab-yum iconography.

> He is described as trans-cosmic and is the
> Dzogehen symbol for the natural freedom that
> is inherent in individual human awareness.

Maybe so.

> Except for you Willy. You're an automaton.

Just because you believe in Bonpo practices
doesn't prove that Willy has any free will.