--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>

> Yes anecdotal evidence is compelling to those uneducated
> to its psycological sway over its epistemological validity.

I suspect I'm inadvertently channeling Card here, but what
is the difference between the above and the following:

"Yes anecdotal evidence is compelling to those uneducated
to its psychological sway over its validity."

What does "epistemological" add?

"Epistemology" is the theory of knowledge. "Justificationism"
i.e. the idea that 'we should believe in only those things
for which we have good supporting evidence' is just one
school or theory of Epistemology.

"Epistemological validity" seems to me to be close to an
oxymoron in that Epistemology is the theory of validity,
not a standard for validity.

I am being picky. But isn't that the oxygen on which
words, concepts, discussions thrive? In the same way
as a guitarist will be ***picky*** about keeping her
guitar in tune?...