On Apr 3, 2011, at 2:38 PM, Bhairitu wrote:

> Not only that but do you want these guys coming back home and taking
> jobs as .... cops!

Not just as cops, as CO's: Correctional Officers. With the steady rise of the
Prison Industrial Complex, CO's are one of the last, high pay, good benefit
jobs left for a PTSD'd, low education, angry Christian Vet to come home to.

I'm told that in CA the CO Union holds more clout than the teacher's unions.
They routinely lobby for less lenient drug sentencing and the like, assuring a
steady flow of inmates thru their doors.

I've also witnessed the cornered Christian pastoral programs at several prisons
and youth detention centers. A highlight moment was listening to an
anger-fueled Heavy Christian Blues Rock Band, who the lead vocalist, before yet
another blues-rock drenched anthem to Jesus announced how the next song was
about his "salvation", and to all the other people who didn't except that, "I
hope you DIIIIIIIIIE"...and the whole band launched in to another Lynard
Skynardish blues rocker to the bloody one.

Some scarey shit, I gotta tell you.