From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of emptybill
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 10:19 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] The End of the Rishi

Back in 1971 on the Humbolt TTC, MMY insisted that it was our duty to go and
fight if called to join the conflict in Vietnam. A lot of people dismissed
it, attributing this view to his Indian background and the fact that he was
Kshatriya caste. I have since learned that in "Vedic parlance" the view is
that all of the karma of a war goes to the "king" . in this case to the
President and Congressional "rulers".

At the Amherst SCI course, the month before that, in the presence of General
Davis, someone asked about the atomic bomb. MMY's response was that we
should make sure we have bigger bombs. With Buckminster Fuller on stage,
someone asked about apartheid in S. Africa. MMY said people should respect
and obey the law of the land.