--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > > In my case, it specifically refers to the fact that he
> > > was directly responsible for encouraging people to take
> > > an ayurvedic approach to life threatening diseases, and
> > > then these same people died because of that "enlightened"
> > > advice. Even in general, he characterized western
> > > medicine as poison, probably affecting many indirectly
> > > via general advice.
> > >
> > > Similarly with TM and TMSP where numerous folks have
> > > committed suicide, suffered psychosis or even where
> > > entire courses appear to have had psychotic breaks. Some
> > > ex-Sidhas have Tourettes like damage and symptoms to
> > > this day.
> > >
> > > I'm sure there are other examples that resulted in very
> > > ill ends, but these are what comes immediately to mind.
> >
> > Wow, I was sooo missing your point.  Since my experience
> > in the movement was mostly charming till it wasn't, I
> > sometimes forget the ones who were really damaged by the
> > shitty anti-science advice.  And I know that the
> > supporters will say that the movement gave lip-service
> > to doctors, but once you scratched the surface, and saw
> > people kept off courses for seeking psychiatric treatment,
> > you saw what Vaj is referring to.
>
> Um. I don't know that one can complain about people
> who went on courses having psychotic breaks, and at
> the same time complain that people who were receiving
> psychiatric treatment weren't allowed on courses.
>
> Seems to me there would likely have been *more*
> psychotic breaks if folks who were already having
> problems spent a lot of time rounding. Keeping them
> off courses was surely not a punishment, as you imply,
> but rather a precautionary measure, for them and the
> people who did go on the courses.
>
> If people who would otherwise have sought psychiatric
> treatment didn't seek it because it would keep them
> off a course, that's just really poor judgment.
>
> MMY is damned if he did and damned if he didn't here.

Yep, I think you're right Judy.

Or what about when Judith Bourque says MMY asked her
to seek expert medical advice in the States? How
does that fit in with "having blood on his hands"
through being hostile to western medicine?

To which the reply might be "Oh, he was just saying
that to get rid of her". But when evidence supporting
a certain view is both "P" and "Not P" one is entitled
to smell a rat surely? (The big 'E'-ology word comes to
mind Curtis!).