--- On Thu, 4/14/11, sparaig <lengli...@cox.net> wrote:

> From: sparaig <lengli...@cox.net>
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: ADHD: New study published on TM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Thursday, April 14, 2011, 9:09 AM
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:
> >

> > On Apr 14, 2011, at 1:34 AM, sparaig wrote:
> >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> Peter <drpetersutphen@>

> actually uses a
> > >>

> > > Plenty of studies on TM use control groups.
> > >
> > > Sheesh.
> >

> > Exactly. The use of inappropriate controls is an old
> TM researcher
> > fudge factor.
> >

> Since delayed-start control groups (what this study uses so
> that it was termed as "a decent study that actually uses a
> control group") are one of the most common forms of control
> groups found in TM studies, just which studies that used
> delay start controls are appropriate and which aren't, and
> how do you make that decision?
>
> Lawson

Good questions. I don't know. Most of the physiological studies done on TM are
pretty decent (except for the really early ones). It's the psychological and
social studies that are deeply flawed because of lack of control groups. They
are considered pilot studies that reveal a correlation between TM and some
measured variables but the TMO always touts them around as if they demonstrates
causality. They don't.