Puleeez.

There are no fairies flitting around here to describe hell or heaven.
How would they know anyway?

And who else would have told me about the blessed rain except Himself
... the dark angel, the lord of wrath, the secret lover of god?

……………………………………………………..

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@...> wrote:

> How do you know what you're saying is true? It sounds like you're
telling us fairy tales bent to your own satisfation.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" emptybill@ wrote:
> >

> > Your views of Heaven and Hell are much too truncated. Don't you
> > realize that neither Heaven nor Hell is a simple projection of human
> > desires and fears?
> >
> > Heaven is whatever good you can imagine. Hell, though, is not that
place
> > of torment you might visualize from past artwork or cinema.
> >
> > For instance, it actually rains in Hell. Bet they didn't tell you
> > that in church or on long rounding!
> >
> > Christian types I've discussed this with insist that this
> > "rain" is the tears of the Saints weeping at the many sins of
> > Hell's denizens. Of course, I dismiss such platitudes, coated as
> > they are with sentimental piety. I point out that this "falling
> > rain" which cools everyone is actually the effluence from the Saints
> > in Heaven as they spit at the sinners in Hell. The good and holy
Saints