> on 8/3/05 5:46 PM, sparaig at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Not quite the same thing as above, though...
> >
> > "Your ideas don't fit in with the way I'm taking the organization"
> > isn't the same as "you have become too independent and I can't stand
> > it."
>
> That was the way my friend quoted him, but my assumption is that the
meaning
> was more along the lines of your first sentence.

In literal meaning, they're pretty much the same, but one implies great
rancor while the other doesn't.

I rather imagine that MMY is extremely intolerant of independent
thinking right now. As I pointed out, I believe he's trying to
establish a hard-core core of people who will be loyal to King Tony
after he leaves.